The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is statutorily mandated by the NITDA Act of 2007 to develop regulations for electronic governance and monitoring of the use of information technology and electronic data. Conscious of the concerns around privacy and protection of Personal Data and the grave consequences of leaving Personal Data processing unregulated, NITDA has issued the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR).
The objectives of the regulation are as follows:
▪ To safeguard the rights of natural persons to data privacy;
▪ To foster safe conduct for transactions involving the exchange of Personal Data;
▪ To prevent manipulation of Personal Data
▪ To ensure that Nigerian businesses remain competitive in international trade through the safe-guards afforded by a sound data protection regulation.
The regulation applies to all storage and processing of Personal Data conducted in respect of Nigerian citizens and residents.
We are Expert NDPR Consultants
We provide affordable NDPR consultancy to organisations across Nigeria and globally.
Our expert consultants can help demystify your obligations and ensure you become and remain compliant. We don’t just advise, though. We will also roll-up our sleeves and get stuck in, working as an extended member of your team.
If you need NDPR consultancy and ongoing data protection advice from an experienced team, we’re the perfect fit for you.
- NDPR, Data Protection & e-Privacy Specialists
- Gap Analysis, Auditing & Management Systems
- Privacy Notices & Data Protection Policies
- NDPR Compliance management
- DPIAs & Data Protection by Design
- Data Subject Rights & Breach Support
- Data Processors & International Transfers
- Outsourced Data Protection Officer (vDPO)
- Affordable pricing and Experienced Consultants
How we can help
NDPR Gap Analysis
Gap analysis towards NDPR compliance
Compliance remediation consultancy & support
ePrivacy & Marketing
Direct marketing advice and privacy support
A named DPO, supported by our wider team of specialists
Reviewing and creating privacy notices
Core policy creation and supporting procedures
Prioritised support if you suffer a data breach
Help responding to data subject rights requests
Data Protection Impact Assessments
Mapping internal and external data flows
Data processors and international transfers
Employee training and awareness
- Financial Services
- Property Development
- Charitable Bodies
- Online & Retail
- Political Pressure Groups
- Sports Organisations
- Gaming and Entertainment
- Public Sector
- Energy & Utilities
- Higher Education
To find out your organisation's readiness for NDPR compliance please answer the questions in our 5 min questionnaire
YOUR NDPR COMPLIANCE PROJECT
Why Engage Us
We are licensed as a Data Protection Compliance Organization (DPCO) by the NITDA to provide Data Protection Compliance Services in Nigeria.
We have an experienced team of Data Privacy and Information Security Consultants as well as Regulatory experts that have provided data protection and cubersecurity services to clients within and outside Nigeria.